• 12:15 p.m. — The Thomasville Rotary Club meets at the Plaza.
• 5:45 p.m. — Early bird Bingo games, sponsored by the Kouncil Club of Thomasville, are at St. Augustine Catholic Church social hall. Regular Bingo sessions begin at 6:45. Prizes awarded and proceeds go to local charities of southwest Georgia.
• 12:30 p.m. — Thomasville Kiwanis Club meets at the Plaza Restaurant.
• 7 to 9 p.m. — Douglass High School Alumni Association is holding a father-daughter dance at the Douglass Auditorium, 115 Forrest St. The charge is $8 for adults and $2 for children. The attire is Sunday best. For information, call 551-0848.
• 6 p.m. — Overeaters Anonymous meets at St. Thomas Episcopal Church in the Guild Room. There are no dues or fees and is open to men and women. Call 226-0556 or 221-1202.
• Veteran home educators will lead three days of training, June 26-28, designed to inform and encourage parents who are homeschooling or are interested in homeschooling. The free conference will be held at Dawson Street Baptist Church at 1025 N. Dawson St. in Thomasville and is hosted by the Thomasville community of Classical Conversations®, a classical education resource for Christian homeschoolers. The theme of the conference is Unlocking Language: The Art of Grammar. While parents learn, their children can learn, too. Low-cost day camps ($42 per child) are available for children of attendees. For more information, go to www.parentpracticum.com.
• The narcotics/vice division of the Thomas County Sheriff’s Office is accepting old or unused prescription medications from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at 921 Smith Ave. The contents of the pill bottle should be emptied into a resealable plastic bag. Leave liquids, gels or creams in the original container and place into a resealable plastic bag. Scratch out all personal identification. Injectables, syringes, any item used for diabetic tests, inhalers and thermometers will not be accepted. Call 225-3300.
• Celebrate Recovery is a 12-step Christ-based recovery program meeting every Tuesday at Victory Fellowship Church. The doors open at 5:30 p.m., followed by a meal at 6 with a large group meeting at 6:45 and at 7:45 are small group meetings. The church is located at 19150 U.S. Hwy. 19 N, Thomasville.
• Members of the executive board of Douglass High School Alumni Association Inc. meet every fourth Monday of every month at 6 p.m., at Douglass High School in the Social Room No. 12. For info, call (229) 224-7113.
• Kindred Hospice Bereavement Support Groups meet at 10:30 a.m., the second Tuesday of the month at Scott Senior Center in Thomasville and at 10:30 a.m., the second Monday of the month at First Baptist Church in Pelham, 177 Church St. Call Ron McCaskill at (229) 246-6330.
• The regular monthly board meeting of Thomas County Department of Family and Children Services is at 8:30 a.m. on the second Tuesday of every month at 460 Smith Ave.
• Oak Street Group of Alcoholics Anonymous meets every Wednesday at 5 p.m. at Parish Hall at Good Shepherd Episcopal Church, 515 Oak St.
• The Thomasville/Thomas County Home-less Coalition meets the third Thursday of each month from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Thomasville Housing and Resource Center, 125 Lester St. For more information, call Sharon Edwards, (229) 289-0032.
• The Thomas County Democratic Party meets at 6 p.m. the first Tuesday of every month in the Thomas County Library’s Flipper Room. The meeting is open to the public.
• The Parents Advocacy meeting will be held on Mondays, 6 p.m., at the Frederick Douglass Complex Library. All who have a vested interest in the Thomasville City Schools system and taxpayers are encouraged to attend.
• The Aviation Museum’s “Power of the Past” exhibit, featuring antique aircraft engines, is open each Sunday from 1-6 p.m. at the Thomasville Regional Airport. Appointments can be made by calling 226-3010. No admission charge.
• The Country Hoedown is at the corner of Sapp and Burnum (Mt. Olive Road), in Pelham every Friday from 7 to 11 p.m. There is live country music for line and couple dancing with no door charge, but donations are welcome. For more information, please call 683-3496 or294-4451.
• The Thomasville Multiple Sclerosis self-help group meets at 6 p.m., the third Tuesday of every month at the Plaza. The meeting is to bring area people together to discuss their issues in coping with the disease and the organization. Family members and caregivers can attend. Call Judi at (229) 224-2544.
• Pelham Country Jamboree is every Saturday from 5 to 11 p.m. in downtown Pelham across the from the depot. There is no charge to attend. Cotton Boll Express plays each week, along with special guests. For booking and information call (229) 376-3310 or (229) 449-8685.
• The Thomasville Noon Lions Club meets at noon the second and fourth Tuesdays at the Plaza.
• VFW Post 4995 and its auxiliary meet every third Saturday at 9 a.m. at the post home at 1296 Old Cassidy Road.
• VFW Post 8433 meets at 7:30 p.m. the first Thursday of each month at Roddenbery Memorial Library Annex in Cairo.
• Thomasville Lodge 369 F&AM, 310 N. Pinetree Blvd., meets the second and fourth Thursday of each month. For information all 228-7427 or 403-9147.
• Halcyon Home provides outreach support groups for victims of domestic violence. For information, call 226-6666 for location and time.
• S.P. Jones Lodge No. 118 F&AM PHA meets the first and third Tuesday of each month at 8 p.m. at 518 Lester St.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. Monday for big book study, beginners meetings are held at 8 p.m., Tuesday and 8 p.m., Saturday is open discussion all at Trinity Anglican Church on West Jackson Street. The Grace Group AA meetings are Monday is big book study, Wednesday is step meeting, Thursday is women’s meeting and Friday is open discussion all at St. Thomas Episcopal Church and the meetings begin at noon. Call (800) 878-1829 or visit the website www.aasouthgeorgia.org.