On Saturday, Boston United Methodist Church will host a Blessing of the Motorcycles at 2 p.m. at 256 S. Main St. in Boston. For more information about the event, call 229-873-5520.
The Boston Community Club will host the 24th annual Spring Fling & Auction on Saturday, April 19. The Spring Fling is held the Saturday before Easter each year, and proceeds from the auction go toward maintenance and upkeep of the Boston Community Center on Main Street.
• 9 a.m. — Vendors are invited to set up along Main Street. There is no cost to set up, unless electricity is needed, and an application is available by contacting Betty Hoskins at email@example.com or at 229-224-8660.
• 9 a.m. — Health Fair and Photo Booth sponsored by Boston Family Care Clinic.
• 10 a.m. — The Easter Bonnet Contest will be held in Watt Park. Contact Nancy Hoffman at 229-498-1228 for more information.
• 10:30 a.m. — Spring Fling Parade. Contact Danny Groover if interested in entering your golf cart, Gator, Mule, convertible, float, etc., in the parade. 229-224-6201
• 11 a.m. — Auction in Watt Park. If you would like to donate an item to the auction, contact Christie Thomas at 229-403-7175.
• 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. — An Art-a-thon will be hosted by The Accidental Gallery and The Boardwalk Studio & Gallery.
The City of Boston website has applications for the 2014 Spring Fling, and pictures from previous years available at the following link: http://www.bostonga.com/events.htm.
The Thomas County Board of Commissioners and local veterinarians will offer a rabies clinic on Saturday throughout Thomas County. The cost to get a pet(s) vaccinated will be $13 for one animal, $12 per animal for two animals and $11 per animal for three animals. Locations and times for the clinics are:
• Barwick City Hall, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
• Boston Police Station, 8 to 9:15 a.m.
• Coolidge Police Station, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• Meigs Police Station, 8:15 to 9:15 a.m.
• Ochlocknee Police Station, 9:30 to 10:45 a.m.
• Pavo Water Tower, 10:45 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• Thomasville Exchange Club Fairgrounds, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.