THOMASVILLE — A 19-month-old boy died Thursday after being found in a swimming pool on Wednesday.
Gavin Miller was discovered in the pool behind his parents’ Grady County home. Authorities believe the child pushed open a door and walked into the pool.
His parents, Mason and Kristi Miller, began looking for him, ventured outside to the pool area and discovered him. Immediately, 911 was called and emergency personnel rushed to the scene. Assisted by Mason MIller, they tried to revive the boy and Life Flight took him to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital.
At 8 a.m. Thursday, he was pronounced dead.
“It’s one of those spur-of-the-moment things that happen — very sad,” Grady County Sheriff Harry Young said. “The Millers are very good parents. It’s just one of those unfortunate things that happens.”
See Saturday's edition for more information on this story.
- Local News
- Earns PGA qualifications
- Colonial Dames sending items to U.S. soldiers
- Here’s one of my favorite fitness recipes
- Immune system lifestyle boosters
- Spread cheer, not flu during holidays
- Help needed for Shop with a Yellow Jacket
- Peanut acreage expected to rise in ’14
- ABAC scholarship to foster local forester’s memory
- Cairo woman shot
- Chamber recognizes top three Ambassadors
- More Local News Headlines