Questioning continued late Friday afternoon of a suspect in the armed robbery of a pizza restaurant earlier Friday.
Bernard Carter, 20, 508 E. Webster St., is charged with armed robbery and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.
He was picked up by police and charged during questioning at the Jail-Justice Center.
The amount of money taken in the stickup had not been determined Friday afternoon.
“None has been recovered,” said Lt. Eric Hampton, Thomasville Police Department public information officer.
All city schools were locked down until the suspect was in custody.
Because of recent school shootings in other cities, schools are locked down for security purposes.
“You never know where people are going to try to hide,” Hampton said.
A few minutes before 10 a.m. Friday, an employee at Little Caesar’s Pizza, 1516 E. Jackson St., unlocked a door to let another employee in.
The armed bandit followed the employee in, demanded money and fled on foot.
- Local News
- SWGTC Student Honor Club raises funds for library
- Young fire victim remembered
- Commissioners question city cemetery maintenance
- BHCC serving local mental health needs
- Boy dies in Meigs house fire
- Flowers remembered for community impact
- ‘Grand Old Flag’ lecture slated Tuesday
- Meigs protest gathering dampened by downpour
- Fundraiser planned for police officer
- Show draws 960 blooms
- More Local News Headlines