THOMASVILLE — Brunswick had little trouble in its opening-round game against Bainbridge on Thursday.
Led by Destiny Alston’s 16 points, the Lady Pirates blasted the Lady Bearcats 77-31.
Brunswick surged to a 34-5 lead at the end of the first quarter and held a 47-16 advantage at halftime.
Kilah Nixon, Briana Gipson and Niesha Evans each scored 12 points for Brunswick. Teammate Jomaiya Garner added 10.
Tameria Levens scored 12 points to pace Bainbridge’s offense.
Brunswick advanced to play Redan at 4 p.m. today. Bainbridge will play Thomas County Central in the day’s first game at 10 a.m.
Brooks County 35
THOMASVILLE — The Brunswick Pirates advanced to the semifinal round of the Holiday Hoopfest at Thomasville High with a 70-35 victory against Brooks County on Thursday.
The game was never in doubt as the Pirates led 23-11 at the end of the first quarter and 36-17 at halftime.
Brunswick will play Thomas County Central today at 5:30 p.m. in one semifinal game. Brooks County will play Redan at 11:30 a.m.
In another first-round game, Mitchell County defeated Long County.
- Local Sports
- Busy baseball Friday in region play
- TU sends program high ten swimmers to NAIA championships
- Night Hawks go for seventh win in eight games
- Higginbotham signs with Darton
- Athlete of the Week: TU pitcher John Gainey
- Kramer: TU's Cox proved he was right hire
- Injured Wildcats recovering from collision at Cairo
- Night Hawks earn road shutout over Eckerd
- Mother Nature cancels TU softball doubleheader
- Cairo blows late lead; falls to Bainbridge
- More Local Sports Headlines