THOMASVILLE — Brunswick had little trouble in its opening-round game against Bainbridge on Thursday.
Led by Destiny Alston’s 16 points, the Lady Pirates blasted the Lady Bearcats 77-31.
Brunswick surged to a 34-5 lead at the end of the first quarter and held a 47-16 advantage at halftime.
Kilah Nixon, Briana Gipson and Niesha Evans each scored 12 points for Brunswick. Teammate Jomaiya Garner added 10.
Tameria Levens scored 12 points to pace Bainbridge’s offense.
Brunswick advanced to play Redan at 4 p.m. today. Bainbridge will play Thomas County Central in the day’s first game at 10 a.m.
Brooks County 35
THOMASVILLE — The Brunswick Pirates advanced to the semifinal round of the Holiday Hoopfest at Thomasville High with a 70-35 victory against Brooks County on Thursday.
The game was never in doubt as the Pirates led 23-11 at the end of the first quarter and 36-17 at halftime.
Brunswick will play Thomas County Central today at 5:30 p.m. in one semifinal game. Brooks County will play Redan at 11:30 a.m.
In another first-round game, Mitchell County defeated Long County.
- Local Sports
- Stencel lifts Brookwood to first region win
- Thomasville native Rayburn hired as Miller Co. football coach
- Diamond 'Dogs control postseason destiny with win over Early
- Jackets extend win streak to six; still hope for playoffs
- Cairo in two-way tie for second in 1-AAAA after win over Worth
- Brookwood soccer seniors prepare for postseason
- Rose City Walk draws 495 contestants despite soggy conditions
- Lady Jackets track team finishes second at region meet
- Streaking Jackets still alive in state playoff hunt
- THS boys cap soccer sweep of 1-AA titles
- More Local Sports Headlines