THOMASVILLE — Brunswick had little trouble in its opening-round game against Bainbridge on Thursday.
Led by Destiny Alston’s 16 points, the Lady Pirates blasted the Lady Bearcats 77-31.
Brunswick surged to a 34-5 lead at the end of the first quarter and held a 47-16 advantage at halftime.
Kilah Nixon, Briana Gipson and Niesha Evans each scored 12 points for Brunswick. Teammate Jomaiya Garner added 10.
Tameria Levens scored 12 points to pace Bainbridge’s offense.
Brunswick advanced to play Redan at 4 p.m. today. Bainbridge will play Thomas County Central in the day’s first game at 10 a.m.
Brooks County 35
THOMASVILLE — The Brunswick Pirates advanced to the semifinal round of the Holiday Hoopfest at Thomasville High with a 70-35 victory against Brooks County on Thursday.
The game was never in doubt as the Pirates led 23-11 at the end of the first quarter and 36-17 at halftime.
Brunswick will play Thomas County Central today at 5:30 p.m. in one semifinal game. Brooks County will play Redan at 11:30 a.m.
In another first-round game, Mitchell County defeated Long County.
- Local Sports
- Brookwood works on aerial game at 7-on-7 tournament
- Thomasville, Central coaches talk football at media day
NFL needs to address its domestic violence problem
Ray Rice was just the tipping point. The NFL, and society, has a problem that it needs to fix.
- Kohn accepts interim position at Paine College
- Central's Bryant commits to Clemson
- 'Wrecks happen'
Area high school teams finish up summer practices with competitive 7-on-7 camp
- Yellow Jackets finish up summer softball practices
- Bulldogs get feel for game situations against Vikings
- Looking forward to new adventures in Thomasville
- More Local Sports Headlines