THOMASVILLE — Brunswick had little trouble in its opening-round game against Bainbridge on Thursday.
Led by Destiny Alston’s 16 points, the Lady Pirates blasted the Lady Bearcats 77-31.
Brunswick surged to a 34-5 lead at the end of the first quarter and held a 47-16 advantage at halftime.
Kilah Nixon, Briana Gipson and Niesha Evans each scored 12 points for Brunswick. Teammate Jomaiya Garner added 10.
Tameria Levens scored 12 points to pace Bainbridge’s offense.
Brunswick advanced to play Redan at 4 p.m. today. Bainbridge will play Thomas County Central in the day’s first game at 10 a.m.
Brooks County 35
THOMASVILLE — The Brunswick Pirates advanced to the semifinal round of the Holiday Hoopfest at Thomasville High with a 70-35 victory against Brooks County on Thursday.
The game was never in doubt as the Pirates led 23-11 at the end of the first quarter and 36-17 at halftime.
Brunswick will play Thomas County Central today at 5:30 p.m. in one semifinal game. Brooks County will play Redan at 11:30 a.m.
In another first-round game, Mitchell County defeated Long County.
- Local Sports
- Weather woes continue for Diamond 'Dogs
- GHSA meeting yields change, albeit minimal
- Ryals to host 10th annual youth camp
- Brookwood postpones region game vs. Tiftarea
- Central ousts THS, Early at Country Oaks
- 'Dogs down 'Makers in battle of defense
- Lady Hawks remain relevant in Sun Conference standings
- Brookwood caps 'Bama road trip with doubleheader wins
- Jackets score first region win in two years
- Night Hawks punch postseason ticket with weekend sweep of Warner
- More Local Sports Headlines