Voters at 16 of Thomas County’s 20 polling places will cast ballots in Tuesday’s special election to choose a District 11 state senator.
District 11 encompasses Grady, Decatur, Seminole, Miller, Colquitt and Early counties and portions of Thomas and Mitchell counties.
Votes will be cast at Thomas County precincts, with the exception of Pavo, Barwick, Boston and Gatlin Creek, which are in Senate District 8.
The District 11 Senate seat became vacant in December upon the resignation of John Bulloch, a Thomas County Republican.
Candidates seeking the Senate seat are:
• Marshall Berman — Republican, Thomasville
• Jeffrey G. Bivins — Libertarian, Cairo
• Dean Burke — Republican, Bainbridge
• Brad Hughes — Republican, Blakely
• Mike Keown — Republican, Coolidge
• Eugene “Gene” McNease — Republican, Thomasville
See Sunday's edition for more details.