The Thomasville-Thomas County Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with Southwest Georgia Farm Credit, awarded several businesses and outstanding professionals in seven categories at the annual Community Impact Awards Dinner.
The award categories include Small Business of the Year, Large Business of the Year, Non-Profit Organization of the Year, Man of the Year, Woman of the Year, The Covey Agriculture Award by Southwest Georgia Farm Credit, and The Bob “Hutch” Hutchison Legacy Award.
The selection committee, comprised of local Chamber executives, Southwest Georgia Chamber Executives, and Board Members reviewed nominations from the community and Chamber members to ensure all submissions met the awards criteria. Winners were recognized and honored during the event, on Thursday, November 4, at the Biscuit Company. Awards were handed over by the current Chamber board chairman, Josh Cone with Thomasville National Bank.
The 2021 Chamber award winners are:
• Covey Agriculture Award by Southwest Georgia Farm Credit: Charles Balfour
• Small Business of the Year – Ponder’s Office Supply
• Large Business of the Year – Hurst Boiler
• Non-Profit of the Year – Jack Hadley Black History Museum
• Man of the Year – The late Mr. Roy Lilly Jr.
• Woman of the Year – Representative Darlene Taylor
• The Bob “Hutch” Hutchison Legacy Award- Caldwell & Langford
• The Centennial Appreciation Award- Mr. Lloyd Eckberg and Mr. Don Sims
“This particular award ceremony was a historic celebration as few are blessed with the opportunity to commemorate 100 consecutive years in business. The Thomasville-Thomas County Chamber of Commerce has turned 100 years old, and we are all blessed to celebrate this momentous milestone together.” commented Andrea Collins, Executive Director of the Chamber of Commerce.
Special thanks to all Partners of the Chamber and Chamber members for making this happen.
The nomination process for the 2022 Chamber Awards will be announced next year in the late summer. For more information about the Chamber Awards, contact the Chamber at 229-226-9600 or email@example.com