THOMASVILLE -- A Wednesday afternoon traffic accident proved fatal for a Cairo woman and an infant.
Connie Sadler, 25, and her seven-month-old niece, Ana Pellerin, were killed when the car they were traveling in was struck by another vehicle on Ga. 3 at Cassidy Road in Thomas County.
The vehicle, a Chevrolet Corsica, was driven by Pellerin's mother, Peggy Sadler, 22. Dacia Mitchell, 3, was also in the car at the time of the accident. Both survived and are in stable condition at Archbold Memorial Hospital.
According to the Georgia State Patrol, Sadler was traveling on Cassidy Road and failed to yield at the intersection of Ga. 3. Another vehicle, a Chevrolet truck driven by James Thomas Clifton, 34, was traveling west on Cassidy Road and collided with the car on the right side.
Clifton was taken to Archbold, treated for his injuries and released Wednesday evening.
Carmen Sadler, Connie Sadler's sister-in-law, remembered her as a caring person with a kind heart.
"She was a very sweet person. She loved her kids, and she loved life," Carmen Sadler said through tears. "She would do anything for anybody. We're going to miss her."
Sadler said the rest of the family was taking the news of Ana and Connie's death very hard.
"They were just very special people who we cared about so much," she said. "We need everybody's prayers to get through this."
To contact reporter Brewer Turley, call (229) 226-2400, ext. 226.
This Week's Circulars
- Two dead in Grady County wreck
- Central's Harris decommits from FSU
- Jack Hadley Black History Museum awarded $240K grant
- Documentary focuses in on longtime heart of Black community
- City abuzz with two local film productions
- Dozier brings journalism career to a close
- Veterans museum project attains nonprofit status
- Cairo awarded Explore Georgia Tourism Recovery Marketing grant
- County eyes ARPA money to augment essential workers' pay
- Thomas County School System names BEE Partner of the Year
COVID-19 vaccine survey
Dorothy Eleanor Mercer passed away on June 9, 2021 at Archbold Memorial Hospital. She was born on December 18, 1932, in Pavo to the late Early Byrd Wood and to the late Nellie Deen Wood. She was married to Eugene Mercer who precedes her in death. Survivors include her children, Leon David Mc…