THOMASVILLE -- Three Grady County students are serving a 10-day suspension for an incident that happened on Shiver School property.
Steve Wooten, superintendent of Grady County Schools, confirmed after Wednesday's Grady County Board of Education meeting that the three students were serving suspension for being caught drinking alcohol at a school function.
Shiver School principal Margie Jordan told the Thomasville Times-Enterprise Thursday that the incident happened Feb. 1. She would not confirm the number of students involved.
"I'm not going to give you any information about anything," she said. She said she did not feel it was necessary.
"It has been investigated, it has been handled," she said.
She said the incident was being handled in accordance with school policy.
No other information could be obtained.
To reach Reporter Blenda Link, call 226-2400, ext. 227.
This Week's Circulars
- Negotiator averts possible suicide attempt
- Driver rescued after log truck overturns outside of Boston
- COVID-19 cases rising in Grady County
- Thomas meth bust leads to federal drug conviction
- Thomas County positive COVID-19 tests now at 435
- Juvenile charged with armed robbery, battery, gang activity
- Cairo Police announces promotions within its ranks
- Commissioners OK cell tower, table apartment complex request
- Grady superintendent to ask for school start delay
- Craven selected to be next Archbold CEO
Graveside service for Nadine Reddick will be Sunday July 5th at Hardshell Cemetery in Pavo, Ga at 2pm. Public viewing will be Saturday July 4th from 1 p.m. until 6 p.m. Nadine Reddick was born March 24, 1936 to the late Will and Mammie Brinson. She was the loving and caring mother of 14 chil…
Funeral services for Thomas Elbert (Tom) Burgess, 68, of Camilla will be held Friday, July 3, 2020 at Union Grove Baptist Church at 1:00 PM where he was a member. The Rev, Steve Wooten will officiate and interment will be in the church cemetery. Pallbearers will be Neil Gibson, Alec Lambert,…