THOMASVILLE -- Three men Thomasville police said burned a vehicle earlier this year were indicted on first-degree arson charges.
Indictments were returned on Ronnie Pew Jr., Donnie Lavar Smith and Renaldo Maundrel Walker on charges of first-degree arson, theft by receiving stolen property and obstruction of an officer.
According to police Sgt. Melven Johnson, the trio stole a 1994 Ford Taurus on April 11 in Cairo and drove the vehicle to Thomasville.
"After it broke down, they put a rag in the gas tank, poured something in the trunk and set it on fire," Johnson said.
The suspects denied any knowledge of the fire, but witnesses put them at the scene.
A one-gallon gasoline can was found in the trunk of the car, Johnson said.
Jurors also returned indictments on the following:
* Franklin Lee Pearce -- Sexual assault.
* David Witt -- Two counts possession of drugs while an inmate.
* Franklin Bernard Daniels -- Obstruction of an officer.
* James Edward Chastain -- Aggravated assault, simple battery (family violence), battery (family violence), interfering with 911 calls.
* Markeith Fontrez Graham -- Robbery.
* Ysaf Elamin Shabazz -- Rape, statutory rape, child molestation, incest.
* Michael Paul Burns -- Statutory rape, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, two counts of violation of the Georgia Controlled Substances Act (GCSA).
* Vickie Brinson Goodson -- Burglary.
* Marie T. Calhoun -- Burglary.
* Johnny Spires -- Aggravated child molestation, aggravated sodomy, aggravated sexual battery, child molestation.
* Karl Edward Fann Jr. -- Burglary, three counts possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, armed robbery, aggravated assault.
* Roderick Lamar Curry -- Obstruction of an officer, criminal interference with government property, violation of GCSA, obstruction of an officer.
* Bobby Lewis Sneed -- Aggravated assault, criminal trespass.
* Franklin Bernard Daniels -- Armed robbery, battery, obstruction of an officer, giving false name to officer.
* Tommy Cardell Thurman -- Three counts robbery.
* Vershonda P. Scott -- Aggravated assault.
* Francis Tramel -- Burglary, theft by receiving stolen property.
* Leon Scott -- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, pointing a gun at another, theft by taking.
* John Francis Hayes -- Armed robbery, possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.
* Akeem Montrell Cromartie -- Armed robbery.
* Forrest Cochran Sr. -- Second-degree criminal damage to property.
* Kandandra Yorlanda Howard -- Child molestation, statutory rape.
* Robert Eugene Preston -- Aggravated assault, two counts possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
* Donalvin Montrell Thompson -- Statutory rape.
* Bobby Gene Spencer -- Aggravated assault.
* Jason Jerome Dubose -- Kidnapping, false imprisonment, battery, interfering with 911 calls, criminal trespass.
* Nicki Virgil -- Statutory rape.
* Joey Armster -- Aggravated assault.
* Lee Curtis Ryles -- Criminal interference with government property.
* Village Lindor -- Violation of GCSA, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, driving while license suspended.
* Heather Naomie Hester -- Violation of GCSA.
* Michelle Liane Fowler -- Violation of GCSA.
* Paul Felix Luna -- Violation of GCSA.
* Johnny Lee Samuel -- Theft by deception, theft by conversion.
* Robert Lee Smith -- Theft by conversion, theft by deception.
* Michael L. Coleman -- Habitual violator, false name, failure to carry license.
* Emory D. Samuel -- Violation of GCSA.
* Michael A. Green -- Two counts violation of GCSA.
* Paul Harrison Spence -- Violation of GCSA.
* Michael Carl Hardy -- Theft by taking motor vehicle.
* Cole Daniel Joiner -- Theft by taking motor vehicle.
* Ryan James Slusarski -- Theft by taking motor vehicle.
* Joey Amanda Wester -- Two counts violation of GCSA.
* Keith R. Smith -- Theft by taking.
* Carson Morrison -- Violation of GCSA.
* Lawanda Rena Larry -- Two counts first-degree forgery.
* Bulicia Crimbley -- Two counts financial transaction card fraud.
* Pamela S. Williams -- Theft by taking.
* Timika Jenkins -- First-degree forgery.
* Reginald Jessie Bradshaw -- First-degree forgery.
* Sharon Michelle Walker -- Financial identity fraud.
* Kathy Calhoun Reddick -- Two counts financial transaction card fraud.
* Arvid H. Anderson IV -- Theft by taking, violation of GCSA.
* Latesha Favors -- Theft by conversion, giving false name.
* Alfred Kevin Powell -- Two counts violation of GCSA.
* Charlie Frank Ramsby III -- Two counts violation of GCSA, possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
* Castarvis Marquell Thomas -- Violation of GCSA, violation of duty of driver to stop at the scene of an accident, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, driving while license revoked.
* Jeffery Adam Daniels -- Violation of GCSA.
* Linda Wilson Hasty -- Theft by taking.
* Shandore Damont Clay -- Violation of GCSA.
* Richard Winders Santos -- Habitual violator, driving while license revoked, driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
* Kenneth Hayes -- Theft by conversion.
* Horace Wesley Barber -- Theft by taking motor vehicle, theft by conversion, theft by deception.
* Delrio Thomas -- Theft by taking government property.
* Keith Levon Abrams -- First-degree forgery.
* Joel Douglas Cain -- Violation of GCSA.
* Robert Eddie Coleman -- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
* Kendrick Rhasaan Cummings -- Violation of GCSA.
* Natasha Mack -- Theft by taking.
* Jason Griffin -- Violation of GCSA, going inside guard line with controlled substance.
* Patricia Peek Mills -- Second-degree criminal damage to property.
* Benny Arnold Cook -- Two counts theft by deception.
* Patrick Arthur Twyman -- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
* Kelvin Devane Randall -- Entering motor vehicle with intent to commit theft, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
* Daniel Garry Presley -- Three counts violation of GCSA.
* Anthony David Dorsey -- Criminal attempt to manufacture methamphetamine, theft by shoplifting.
* Bernard Gilbert -- Two counts violation of GSA.
Grand jurors did not find sufficient evidence to indict Craig Le Wayne Burton on a charge of aggravated assault or April Michelle Batten on a charge of theft by taking.
This Week's Circulars
- Six suspects arrested, two pounds of drugs seized
- Chastain kicks off District 2 City Council candidacy by listening
- Two dead in Grady County wreck
- Box-cutter wielding assault suspect still at large
- My long journey back home
- Joiner to represent Thomas County at Miss Georgia Forestry Pageant
- Treehouse fundraiser Oakfest ready to take the stage again
- City abuzz with two local film productions
- Authorities say to lock your car doors at night
- Juneteenth celebration draws from all over
COVID-19 vaccine survey
Linda Lee Jioner Linda Lee Joiner age 74 passed away peacefully at home June 18, 2021. Linda was born March 15, 1947 in Thomasville, Georgia to Blanche Ward and Lee Darby Varnedoe. A Graveside Funeral Service will be held at Roseland Cemetery, Saturday, June 26, 2021 at 10:00 AM. She is surv…
Mary Rose Tolbert passed away June 13, 2021, after a lengthy period of declining health. She was born in Bedford, England, on March 11, 1943. She dedicated herself to raising three boys, who she loved completely. She was a talented cook and baker, and enjoyed sports, the outdoors, fishing, a…
Mrs. Helen T. Flowers, 79, of Seale, AL passed away Monday, June 14, 2021 at her home. A funeral service will be held at 2:00 pm (EST) Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at Vance Brooks Funeral Home in Phenix City, AL with Rev. Brady Baird and Rev. Sammie Turner officiating. The family will receive fr…