THOMASVILLE -- An investigation is under way into how marijuana got to a Thomas County Jail inmate. The possible means are many, a jail official said.
Henry "Bubba" C. Ansley is being held without bond on charges of kidnapping and beating someone he thought was responsible for his May drug-related arrests. He had been charged with possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute.
A small amount of marijuana was within a deck of cards Ansley gave a detention officer to pass along to another inmate, officials said.
The officer checked the cards before delivering them, said Guy Winkelmann, Thomas County/Thomasville Narcotics/Vice Division commander.
This Week's Circulars
- Two dead in Grady County wreck
- Jack Hadley Black History Museum awarded $240K grant
- Central's Harris decommits from FSU
- Documentary focuses in on longtime heart of Black community
- Thomasville native Council promoted to major general
- City abuzz with two local film productions
- Veterans museum project attains nonprofit status
- Thomas County School System names BEE Partner of the Year
- County eyes ARPA money to augment essential workers' pay
- Archbold’s Dr. Hall performs his 800th robotic surgery
COVID-19 vaccine survey
Mrs. Helen T. Flowers, 79, of Seale, AL passed away Monday, June 14, 2021 at her home. A funeral service will be held at 2:00 pm (EST) Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at Vance Brooks Funeral Home in Phenix City, AL with Rev. Brady Baird and Rev. Sammie Turner officiating. The family will receive fr…
Dorothy Eleanor Mercer passed away on June 9, 2021 at Archbold Memorial Hospital. She was born on December 18, 1932, in Pavo to the late Early Byrd Wood and to the late Nellie Deen Wood. She was married to Eugene Mercer who precedes her in death. Survivors include her children, Leon David Mc…