THOMASVILLE-- The City of Thomasville and the Thomasville Police Department is encouraging the community to Trick or Treat for Halloween on Saturday, Oct. 30. TPD will be sponsoring the "Tips for Treats" program on Saturday evening for local trick or treaters.
Tips for Treats is about police interaction with the youth during Halloween, Sgt. Rachelle Denmark, public information officer for the Thomasville Police Department, said.
"Local youth are encouraged to approach police officers when they see them and give them a safety tip in exchange for a bag of candy," she said.
"The Thomasville Police are asking that the youth do not run to moving cars, but to try to get the officers' attention to give them a tip and receive their treat," Denmark said.
Basic rules to follow to have a safe and Happy Halloween include:
Inspect any treats for signs of tampering before eating them.
Do not eat candy that is not wrapped or fresh baked goods unless you know the source.
Use a flashlight and obey traffic rules when crossing or walking the streets.
Wear reflective colored costumes.
Walk on the sidewalks or as near to the curb as possible.
This Week's Circulars
- Cairo man dies in Thomas County farm accident
- Grady County drug agents find guns-for-drugs operation
- Flowers Foods presents 'Christmas in Lights'
- Bulldogs put on impressive afternoon show
- Stolen keys, stolen firearm, drugs recovered
- Baldwin rallies to knock off Thomas County Central
- Cairo continues hot streak with blowout of West Laurens
- Car wrecks, warrants issued for driver
- House owner says Cairo blighted house crack down goes too far
- Suspect in June crime spree extradited from Florida
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Christmas shopping survey
graveside services will be held Saturday, Dec. 5, 2020 at Sunset Memorial Gardens Cemetery Hwy. US 84 11:00am.
David Lawyer was born May 19, 1926 and passed away November 27, 2020. David was born to the late Lizzie Bush and Tom Lawyer. David was married to Thelma Hall in 1968 who preceded him in death. David and Thelma raised Thelma's four children, Harold Hall (Katherine) Cary, N.C., Evang. Bettye S…