County reports its revenue down
By Patti Ward
THOMASVILLE -- Thomas County commissioners probably will receive a recommendation for a 2001 millage hike.
County Manager Mike Stephenson said Wednesday he probably will recommend an increase -- "based on what I've seen."
Revenue from a general purpose sales tax was down $30,000 for April, compared to the same month last year. County government receives a "low average" of $250,000 monthly from the tax, Stephenson said.
The money, which is received by county government about two months after the state collects it, funds general operations.
This Week's Circulars
- Flowers Foods presents 'Christmas in Lights'
- New Downtown Merchants Alliance revives Victorian Christmas
- Central set for playoffs without head coach
- Man charged with exploiting disabled person
- Bulldogs put on impressive afternoon show
- Storage facility thief hits multiple units
- Baldwin rallies to knock off Thomas County Central
- Cairo continues hot streak with blowout of West Laurens
- House owner says Cairo blighted house crack down goes too far
- Croy case to go to court in 2021
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
David Lawyer was born May 19, 1926 and passed away November 27, 2020. David was born to the late Lizzie Bush and Tom Lawyer. David was married to Thelma Hall in 1968 who preceded him in death. David and Thelma raised Thelma's four children, Harold Hall (Katherine) Cary, N.C., Evang. Bettye S…
Dr. Joseph Donnell Carley, Jr. was born on Friday, November 11, 1955 in Thomasville, Georgia. Dr. Carley was nourished, reared and supported in his formative years in the close-knit Tockwotten Community. He was the fourth of seven children born to the union of the late Joseph Eugene Carley, …