THOMASVILLE — Some Thomasville streets are scheduled for improvements totaling more than $3 million.
The project includes water and sewer rehabilitation and/or replacement and street resurfacing for:
• Archbold Avenue (Rosedale Avenue to Gordon Avenue)
• East Calhoun Street (North Hansell Street to North Mitchell Street)
• East Pinetree Boulevard (East Jackson Street to CSX railroad)
• North Boulevard (North Broad Street to North Dawson Street)
• North Mitchell Street (East Walcott Street to East Washington Street)
• North Oak Street (West Webster Street to West Clay Street)
• North Spair Street (Georgia Avenue to East Walcott Street) and (East Monroe Street to East Washington Street)
• North Stevens Street (West Webster Street to West Monroe Street)
• North Young Street (Chatham Drive to East Clay Street)
• South Street (Junius Street to Azalea Street)
• Azalea Street (South Street to Magnolia Street)
• West Loomis Street (South Street to Rosedale Avenue)
Curb and gutter will be added on North Spair and North Boulevard.
The Scruggs Company submitted the sole qualified bid at nearly $3.4 million. The bid was accepted by city council at a Monday meeting.
The project will be funded by a grant, special purpose sales tax revenue, a loan and 2020 budgeted sewer main capital funds.
Senior reporter Patti Dozier can be reached at (229) 226-2400, ext. 1820