There are dozens of days each month that are reserved for commemoration and appreciation. Today is National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day.
This is a most worthy and honorable day and one we should recognize.
The Concerns of Police Survivors (C.O.P.S.) organization is trying to instill a more positive outlook toward law enforcement. The group says people can show their support for law enforcement by doing the following:
• Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement.
• Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency.
• Share a story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media.
• Ask children in your community to write letters in support of law enforcement.
• Participate in Project Blue Light — Proudly display your blue light in support of law enforcement.
• Organize an event or a rally in support of your law enforcement officers.
• Advertise your support through local media outlets/billboards.
• Post the public service announcement supplied by C.O.P.S. to your organization’s webpage or social media pages.
• Coordinate and/or participate in a Blue Blood Drive.
Our law enforcement personnel, both men and and women, are called out at all times of day and night and in all kinds of conditions, from unbearable heat to driving rain and freezing cold, to protect the community. It far too often is a very thankless job.
Today, let them know we say thanks that they put on the uniform and have the safety of ourselves and our property as their mission each and every day.