THOMASVILLE -- Thomas County Central rolled to its eighth victory of the season Tuesday with an 11-1 victory over Region 1-AAAA rival Ware County.
Central was hot at the plate and received stellar pitching from Erin Searcy. Searcy allowed just one run on two hits in five innings, while striking out seven. She was helped out by nine Central hits, led by shortstop Alexx Smith.
She finished with two hits, a double and three RBIs.
Central's hitting parade was even more impressive considering eight of its nine starters had at least one hit.
But what has impressed Central head coach Larry Green even more this season has been the defensive play of his Lady Jackets.
"We had some problems defensively early in the season but we've made great strides in that area," said Green. "We're starting to hit the ball hard."
Central is now 8-3 and 3-1 in region play.
The Lady Jackets return to the field Thursday with a game at Ware County.
This Week's Circulars
- Two dead in Grady County wreck
- Six suspects arrested, two pounds of drugs seized
- Box-cutter wielding assault suspect still at large
- Thomasville native Council promoted to major general
- My long journey back home
- Fond memories of The Bottom recalled at documentary premiere
- City abuzz with two local film productions
- Thomas County School System names BEE Partner of the Year
- Jack Hadley Black History Museum awarded $240K grant
- Joiner to represent Thomas County at Miss Georgia Forestry Pageant
COVID-19 vaccine survey
Mary Rose Tolbert passed away June 13, 2021, after a lengthy period of declining health. She was born in Bedford, England, on March 11, 1943. She dedicated herself to raising three boys, who she loved completely. She was a talented cook and baker, and enjoyed sports, the outdoors, fishing, a…
Mrs. Helen T. Flowers, 79, of Seale, AL passed away Monday, June 14, 2021 at her home. A funeral service will be held at 2:00 pm (EST) Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at Vance Brooks Funeral Home in Phenix City, AL with Rev. Brady Baird and Rev. Sammie Turner officiating. The family will receive fr…
Dorothy Eleanor Mercer passed away on June 9, 2021 at Archbold Memorial Hospital. She was born on December 18, 1932, in Pavo to the late Early Byrd Wood and to the late Nellie Deen Wood. She was married to Eugene Mercer who precedes her in death. Survivors include her children, Leon David Mc…