THOMASVILLE -- Tiftarea took advantage of its opportunities. Brookwood could not.
In a matchup of GISA rivals, the Panthers capitalized on six walks and three hitbatsmen by Warriors' pitcher Rann Day, to win 3-1.
The Warriors, on the other hand, stranded six runners on base, had a runner thrown out at the plate and popped into a double play, attempting to lay down a sacrifice bunt.
The game appeared bleak for the Warriors in the first inning, following a leadoff triple by Chris Qualheim and a walk to Pace Calloway. The Warriors failed to drive in the run, however, as Panthers' pitcher Brian Ellis got a ground out, strikeout and pop out. Ellis allowed just five hits, three to Qualheim, in seven innings, while striking out seven.
Brookwood's only run came in the third inning, on a throwing error by Tiftarea that allowed Qualheim to score.
The Panthers scored their runs in the first, third and fourth innings.
One came on a throwing error, one on an RBI triple by Caleb Latham and the other on a wild pitch.
This Week's Circulars
- Six suspects arrested, two pounds of drugs seized
- Two dead in Grady County wreck
- Box-cutter wielding assault suspect still at large
- Chastain kicks off District 2 City Council candidacy by listening
- Thomasville native Council promoted to major general
- My long journey back home
- Fond memories of The Bottom recalled at documentary premiere
- Joiner to represent Thomas County at Miss Georgia Forestry Pageant
- City abuzz with two local film productions
- Treehouse fundraiser Oakfest ready to take the stage again
COVID-19 vaccine survey
Linda Lee Jioner Linda Lee Joiner age 74 passed away peacefully at home June 18, 2021. Linda was born March 15, 1947 in Thomasville, Georgia to Blanche Ward and Lee Darby Varnedoe. A Graveside Funeral Service will be held at Roseland Cemetery, Saturday, June 26, 2021 at 10:00 AM. She is surv…
Mary Rose Tolbert passed away June 13, 2021, after a lengthy period of declining health. She was born in Bedford, England, on March 11, 1943. She dedicated herself to raising three boys, who she loved completely. She was a talented cook and baker, and enjoyed sports, the outdoors, fishing, a…
Mrs. Helen T. Flowers, 79, of Seale, AL passed away Monday, June 14, 2021 at her home. A funeral service will be held at 2:00 pm (EST) Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at Vance Brooks Funeral Home in Phenix City, AL with Rev. Brady Baird and Rev. Sammie Turner officiating. The family will receive fr…